Please note: Covid-19 and the global lock down has had a definite effect on stilet.digital’s publication schedule for 2020 through 2022. One immediate logistic change is that we have postponed tp 2021 all submission dates originally scheduled for between August and December 2020. Do contact the relevant issue’s guest editor for more info.
From 2021, four stilet.digital issues per year will be published, each with a specific focus. A rotating system of guest editor pairs are invited by the editorial team, to ensure a more inclusive forum for diverse theoretical viewpoints, disciplinary methodology and approaches. Issue editors, alongside the editorial team, is responsible for the call for submissions, solitciting of literary review pieces and opinion pieces, as well as the review process.
Contributions for the following issues can still be submitted for consideration:
- Fliek! Cinematic adaptations and/of Afrikaans literature (Prof. Adéle Nel & Rickus Stroh, issue editors)
- Queer Theory & Southern African Narrative Texts (Wemar Strydom, issue editor)
- Oordeel: Judgement, aesthetics, and the political (Siseko H. Kumalo & Dr Isolde de Villiers, issue editors)
- Hyg! Popular romance in the Afrikaans literary system & Commemorating the life and work of Cecilia Britz (Dr. Martina Vitackova & Dr Ilse de Korte, issue editors)
- Deon Meyer (Dr Neil van Heerden & Jonathan Amid, issue editors)
- A Sociolinguistics of Afrikaans: history, issues and future trajectories (Prof Quentin Williams, Dr Marcelyn Oostendorp & Dr Johanita Kirsten, issue editors)
Please note: Prospective guest editor pairs are encouraged to submit issue proposals for volume 34, issue 4.